I got tagged by the lovely
. This is for my OC, May, who is the romantic interest/side character in my WIP, Popinjay. The story is loosely (looooosely) based off of Robin Hood, and May is in the Maid Marian role. (
has also done a fanart piece for the storyhere: fav.me/d470dvy
.) So... Enjoy!
1) Pick one of your FCs/OCs.
2) Fill in the questions/statements as if you were your FC/OC.
3) Tag 3 people at the end of the quiz.
1. What's your name?
May. As in, Lady May.
2. Do you know why you were named that?
May is a variant of Marian, I've been told. It's a nice nod to the woman I share many uncanny characteristics with.
I appear to not have a last name. This is a problem and should be addressed. Lord Talvas also has no last name, so maybe it has to do with being an orphan or something.
3. Are you single or taken?
I, ahum. Neither, haha? I'm technically not allowed to be in any sort of relationship. My uncle, the king, has a tendency to hang men who show an interest, or send my betrothed to die on the battlefield. Funny how that works.
4. Have any abilities or powers?
A sharp wit and the brains to not be fooled when a man I see every day puts on a mask and pretends I won't be able to recognize him. Not as if that talent has ever come in useful.
5. Stop being a Mary Sue.
I consider myself more of an Eowyn-meets-Elizabeth-Bennet but if that's the attitude you want to take, I do have a friend with very sharp arrows and perfect aim. Just something to think about.
6. If you were to get in a fight with a strong wrestler, do you think you'd win?
I doubt I would on my own. But I have a whole band of men who'd defend me, and my uncle might take offense and hang the wrestler. Well, unless the wrestler was actually an assassin, in which case my uncle would be very happy with my loss.
7. Have any family members?
A half-brother. But his mother's dying request was that I never tell anyone. I am an orphan, which one might think would lead to some orphan-bonding between Lord Talvas and I. This has not been the case. I do feel like Popinjay's men are a band of brothers, though.
8. How about pets?
I have a mare I occasionally ride to villages.
9. Tell me something that you don't like?
Snotty, prideful, lying, manipulative, lazy, greedy, selfish, egocentric, pitiful lords. Also kings who try to kill everything around me. And burnt toast. I can't stand burnt toast.
10. Something that you do like?
Masked heroes who set out to make a positive and lasting change, who equip people with hope and give them the strength they need to survive (and listen to and respect my input). Also tea, especially on a chilly evening by the fireplace with a new book while Lord Talvas is locked away in his room (preferably sick and/or too hoarse to speak).
11. Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do?
Reading. Keeping the castle in order. Trying not to offend the king. More recently, seeking adventure and change through breaking laws to help people.
12. Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before?
Not intentionally, but yes.
13. Ever... killed anyone before?
No. Though I witnessed my father's murder.
14. What kind of race are you?
15. Name your worst habits.
Losing my temper. Punishing others when I feel hurt. Picking my nails while I read. Allowing others to use and discard me because I am too afraid to take action.
16. Do you look up to anyone at all?
Garym, the storyteller who was my ward until I was eighteen. Popinjay, who seems to be the hero the town needs. Ryn, who puts up with Popinjay and genuinely cares about the people they help. Brancaer, my half-brother who went bravely to the war when he was only a teenager.
18. Do you go to school?
I attended a finishing school when I was younger. Garym thought it best to get me polished before I turned a permanent tomboy.
19. Ever want to marry and have kids one day?
Yes, though being so close to someone would be frightening. The people I am closest to have a tendency to be sent away or killed.
20. Do you have any fangirls/fanboys?
Oh, plenty, but none I particularly care for. They'd probably run for the hills if they realized my uncle is just waiting for an excuse to have another hanging.
21. What are you most afraid of?
That I have become irreversibly old, caged, and entirely alonethat this will never change.
22. *snicker* Ok, ok. What colour is your hair?
I'm not sure how that was amusing, but my hair color happens to be a deep chestnut.
Grey. With an E, not an A.
24. What do you usually wear?
A simple gown, hardly more than peasants, though I am a lady. Usually it does not matter how formally I am dressed, as I'll just be working in the castle or running about saving the town either way.
25. Ok. What's your religion?
Though religion isn't highlighted in my tale, I would consider myself whatever my world's equivalent is for Christianity.
26. Do you wish this quiz is over?
Is this a rhetorical question? I can obviously see more questions listed below.
27. Well, it's still not over.
I thought so.
28. Anyway, where do you live?
A castle near the border of our country.
29. What class are you?
Royaltyniece to the king.
30. How many friends do you have?
Only a handful. But a handful of the best, I should think.
31. Wow. If you could change anything about you, what would you change?
I would be more courageous, and outspokenbut somehow still protecting those dearest to me.
32. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? And I don't want no cheap answer, ya hear?
Give it to the needy in my district to help them weather the war taxes.
33. What are your thoughts on pie?
It would be fun to shove into Lord Talvas' face.
34. All right. What's your favourite food?
Fresh bread, with a crust that crunches and an inside as soft as
as something soft you'd put into your mouth. Ah, like
I don't know, soft enough to melt in your mouth? Really soft, let's leave it at that.
35. Favourite drink?
36. What is your favourite place?
The forestspecifically Popinjay's Forest.
37. Least favourite?
The capital and court.
38. Do you still want the quiz to end?
It looks as if it will soon.
39. Yeah. Well, it's over. D:
40. Now, tag 3 people.
I technically don't know hardly anyone on DA, so if you're still reading at this point, I tag YOU!